Thursday, June 30, 2011

Personal Mail Bag

I wrote a letter to my destiny today
Also sent her my oldest pair of shoes
An itinerary retracing every footprint
Embroiling me to this, my hell of a life
Carefully planned without my consent

Free will should also get a letter today
including keys to his prison cell too
His wings necessitate winds of freedom
For liberated choices seek his protection
The soul of every will conceals a path

I posted another letter to my guilt today
with an eviction notice attached
Vacate the premises immediately, it reads
Her curse permanently cast away
I now own my conscience free and clear

A final letter is addressed to my dear luck
Hopelessly searching for a new hideaway
Judgement days is upon him, warrant issued
Among his countless charges, identity theft
Never again shall he assume fate's identity
Rapadoo,

8 comments:

  1. Very profound...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My destiny carefully plan my life without my consent
    My free will gives me freedom and protection
    My guilt helps me to have a clear and free conscious
    My luck cannot assume my destiny and identity
    Wow very deep, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You flatter me with such kindness.
    People often associate fate with luck where in fact luck
    has nothing to do with it. Sometimes guilt holds people's conscious hostage and prevent them from making positive changes in their lives. Without freewill people are slaves. Finally, no one asked me how i wanted my life to be; it just happened. :)
    Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you take or make your daily decision without contacting God, that's mean you take control over your life, but if you allow God to take over your life, He will control your will, He will mold you according to His will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't have said it any better. Words of the wise. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem is one of the most awesome ones I read I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is very kind of you Leana. I'm glad you liked this poem. Please keep reading.

    ReplyDelete