Friday, October 29, 2010

My Paradise

Oh! How I yearn roaming my paradise
Where tranquil breezes caress my neck
As birds whisper lover’s sweet melodies

Hair on my body bend to your touch
Like coconut trees drunk on the wind
Like algae hypnotized by ocean waves

Hasten the sunset, my Shangri-la calls
Passionate chases of white footprints
Genuine laughter, so naïve, so infantile

Irresistible Venus de Milo, my nirvana
Voluptuous butterfly lips enticingly wet
Faithful clock lost its count, mesmerized

Suns shamelessly hide behind ocean lines
Witnessing lucent moon’s magical dance
Aborning here in my arms, my paradise
rapadoo,

5 comments:

  1. With this one I wanted to characterize the beauty of and simplicity of finding a soulmate that completes you. It's not written as simply but the idea is simple. There is a certain ease that can only be found on the shoulders of that special one. Read on and leave a comment......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is full of objects describing happiness. There are no such things as perfect happiness in a relationship regardless if you think you find your soul mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Ms./Mrs Anonymous. Yes the poem depicts happiness among other things. But I wouldn't be as bold as to say there is no such thing. Happiness is subjective. Some people would argue that such a thing do exist and have even experienced it. Thank you for taking the time to read and even comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please note I said “perfect happiness". In all relationship there are good days and bad days. You will experience happiness on the good days only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is perfect happiness from your perspective? I'm having trouble grasping that concept. Please explain how the notion is relevant to the scope of this poem. Perhaps it will help me understand what you are articulating. Again, you flatter me by commenting on the poem.

    ReplyDelete